By Sahana Murthy
on November 19, 2020
We have some new exciting, end of the year offers for you - Ending Feb 2021!
You may have heard about our recently launched Self-Serve API & Tiles packages with monthly plans. If not, you can find them right here -
These work great for app & map developers who are looking at low to medium usage.
However, we understand that for many of your use-cases & requirements, a higher volume of usage & API requests are necessary.
Introducing Annual $12K API + Tiles Licenses:
We've always had flexible annual enterprise scale API & tiles packages but we are simplifying those further in a limited time - 3 month offer ending on 02/28/2021!
Below is the simplified pricing that we call the lucky 12 structure:
The Standard Bundle - Parcel API + Tiles (Vector & Rastor):
Annual license - $12K per year, with 120,000 parcel records + 12 M tiles per year.
- includes all of our standardized parcel attributes - https://support.landgrid.com/articles/schema
The Premium Bundle - Parcel API + Tiles (Vector & Rastor) :
Annual license - $18K per year, with 120,000 parcel records + 12 M tiles per year.
- includes our premium fields of USPS vacancy & residential indicators, building footprints sq footage and buildings count per parcel & all of Land-Based Classification System (LBCS) land-use fields.
Doesn't get better than this.
1 package that comes loaded with both tiles & parcel records for just $12,000 USD!!!
How to get started?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to discuss this further.
Our bulk data & API prices may go up next year. So reach out today to try the API & lock in these prices.
"I might have a higher usage requirement than this" you say!
No worries. Reach out to us anyway at email@example.com & we will get you a customizable package that better fits your needs. We have you covered!
Want bulk data & API - No problem there as well. Here's more information on both our bulk data & API offerings:
Don't wait up. Let us know what you need and we will get you a trial API token for testing right away. Or get a bulk data sample to test both or either - firstname.lastname@example.org
Loveland Technologies LLC
By Sahana Murthy
on November 11, 2020
We have a few new updates for you this November.
Loveland is hiring an additional full stack Ruby & React developer to join our engineering team, as well as more part-time parcel prospectors to help grow our data further. See the job descriptions below and send us your resumé if interested.
We've completed work on a fascinating land and ownership assessment along the US-Mexico border. And a couple of other goodies. Read on for more.
If you’re considering a Loveland nationwide data license or renewing your license early next year, reach out now to lock in 2020 prices: email@example.com
Now without further ado, the November updates:
1. Self-serve API & Tileserver Subs
Last month, we launched our parcel API & Tileserver as self-serve SaaS options. If you haven’t checked it out, already, we urge you to do it soon.
If you are a developer who wants to see our parcels & tiles (Vector & Rastor) flowing into your own creations, then our self-serve subs would be a great fit.
They come built-in with 1-week’s free trial. You won’t be charged until after the trial, and if you don't find the API useful, you can cancel before the trial expires and you won’t be charged for it.
2. Android Update coming soon - Landgrid Mobile App
Last month, we released a significant iOS app update that allows our users to signup for Landgrid Pro and use many of our amazing Pro features in the app.
Easy property lookup, easy picture and note taking, easy toggling of building footprints and data layers, and full integration with your Landgrid Pro accounts.
For our Android customers, the wait is almost over. This same update is on it’s way for Android. Please be on the lookout for an announcement from us this month on our social media handles for this update!
You can read more about the app & the new improvements here.
3. Placekey - Unlock location data with a universal identifier for any physical location!
Last month, we collaborated with our partners at Safegraph in creating & launching Placekey - https://www.placekey.io/
We were excited and thrilled to have been able to provide our data & addresses in the making of Placekey. We are now working on integrating and matching Placekeys with our parcel data.
If you are interested in this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you.
4. Parcels along the US-Mexico Border Project
Our incredible data team has been putting together a project or should we say an analysis of properties along the US-Mexico border and assessing that against our nationwide land-based classification system - LBCS.
It’s not officially done yet but we will have an interactive map & a report soon on properties along the wall & border.
Here are a few teaser images of what you can expect from this report:
5. Loveland’s Hiring!
Loveland’s hiring again and we have 2 new exciting positions open right now:
Full Stack Developer - Ruby + React (Full-time, remote)
Job description - https://landgrid.com/blog/softwaredeveloper
Part-Time Parcel Prospector
Job description - https://landgrid.com/blog/prospector-role
If you are interested in any of the above 2 positions, please send a resume and a brief cover letter explaining why this is a good position for you to email@example.com.
If you have one, please include a link to your Github account or a portfolio.
That’s the November update. Please keep an eye out for announcements from us on our blog & social handles on the updates mentioned above.
We will see you next in the last month of the year!
By Sahana Murthy
on November 8, 2020
Part-Time Parcel Prospector (Remote)
LOVELAND Technologies LLC
We’re looking for data scientists and researchers who can help us grow and maintain our data collection.
This is a part-time position with a competitive compensation structure & a remote work environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to explore a career in a new industry - software & data in the data and startup space. Lots of opportunities for growth in a fun, flexible, remote & fast paced environment. We are growing and we want you to grow with us.
The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated self-starter, a team player and have a keen interest for data, public data sources & curiosity to learn new skills.
This position will involve obtaining, standardizing, and cleaning parcel data provided by counties or other levels of government. A keen eye for detail is appreciated, as is thoroughness. The day to day process for this individual would involve working closely with the Geographic Data Manager to obtain and process these counties as part of Loveland's parcel workflow.
Core skills we’re looking for:
- An inquisitive mind, some level of familiarity with US County government structure
- Some level of knowledge regarding parcel data
- Some experience in PostgreSQL and PostGIS greatly appreciated
- Some familiarity with GitHub and GitHub workflow
- Experience working with tabular data (especially CSVs)
- Experience writing straightforward SQL queries (selects, basic joins), or a history of learning similar technical skills quickly
- Ruby, some familiarity with regex statements, Python
- Familiarity with the Mac or Linux command line (ability to navigate directories, move and delete files, run commands)
- Familiarity with the basics of GIS, or a desire to learn. Maybe you’ve used QGIS, ogr2ogr, Mapbox, CartoDB, GeoJSON, or other geospatial tools and formats
- You have a portfolio of data-focused projects you’ve contributed to, and/or you’ve published your code on GitHub or elsewhere
In this job, we will ask you to:
- Quickly evaluate data quality and decide if it meets our standards
- Clean and explore data in Postgres
- Use our internal tools to download records from government websites
- Learn skills related to collecting and managing geodata
- Interpret and convert 3rd party data to our internal schema
- Gain experience in core data science concepts, including data quality analysis and SQL
- Learn & build skills in geospatial data & data cleaning
- Support the data team by analyzing specific datasets
Rate & hours
15-20 hours per week as a remote contract position; 3-month extendable term ideally starting in Dec 2020.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter explaining why this is a good position for you to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have one, please include a link to your Github account or a portfolio.
About LOVELAND Technologies LLC
LOVELAND Technologies is a Detroit-based nationwide parcel data & mapping software company and we run the site landgrid.com. We are headquartered in Detroit, however we are a remote & distributed team with members of the team working out of multiple locations across the USA.
Landgrid Parcel Data - We have collected and standardized a high quality nationwide dataset of over 147 million land parcel data, covering over 97% of residents in the USA.
We offer our data services in multiple formats to customers across all private and public sector verticals as bulk data files & API. Over the last several years we have created a successful suite of products, a growing customer base and project portfolio and an effective organization. We also have a Mapping as a Software product that allows our customers to map & survey with the parcel data we have collected..
By Sahana Murthy
on November 7, 2020
Full Stack Developer - Rails + React (Remote)
LOVELAND Technologies LLC
We need a software developer who can help grow our products, our engineering efforts and our roadmap.
This is a full-time position with great benefits, including a competitive compensation structure ranging between $85,000 - $100,000 per year, 6 weeks of PTO & a remote work environment. The job requires understanding customer pain points, our product roadmap and implementing code on cross-functional products.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to explore a career in a new industry - software & data in the data and startup space. Lots of opportunities for growth in a fun, flexible, remote & fast paced environment. We are a small but growing team and we want you to grow with us.
The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated self-starter and have a keen interest for both software development, front end development skills, curiosity to learn new skills and understand market requirements for products.
We invite all qualified applicants to submit a resume and cover letter for this position by emailing us at email@example.com (General Manager at LOVELAND Technologies, LLC). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience understanding and communicating clearly about products, data, and customer expectations
- Ability to troubleshoot quickly and architect product solutions to address bugs & mission critical issues
Your day to day work will primarily center around these tools:
- Ruby on Rails
- React & Redux
Good skills to have
We’d love to know if you have experience with any of the following, but please don’t count yourself out if you don’t:
- Experience working in a remote-first environment
- Familiarity with geospatial data and tools like GDAL, QGIS, Leaflet, Mapbox GL
- Knowledge of SQL, Postgres & PostGIS, or a similar relational database system
- Experience with native development, especially with React Native
- A keen eye for product usability & UX
- Experience with open source CMSs like Drupal and Wordpress is a nice-to-have, not a must-have.
- Bonus points for design experience
- Work with a small team of software developers & data engineers across all of our product lines
- Contribute code to front- and back-end features in our Rails application
- Ability to split your time on a weekly basis between roadmap priorities, bugs and customer requests.
- Ability to help scope and implement custom professional services development work on our Landgrid mapping platform
About LOVELAND Technologies LLC
LOVELAND Technologies is a Detroit-based nationwide parcel data & mapping software company. We are headquartered in Detroit, however we are a fully remote & distributed team with members working out of multiple time zones across the USA.
Landgrid Parcel Data - We have collected and standardized a high quality nationwide dataset of over 147 million land parcels covering over 97% of residents in the USA. We offer our data in multiple formats to customers across private and public sector verticals as bulk data files & through an API. Our Mapping as a Service product, landgrid.com, allows our customers to map & survey with the parcel data we have collected. Our mobile apps give individuals and teams access to the latest parcel data and data collection tools in the field.
Over the last several years, we have created a successful suite of products, a growing customer base and project portfolio, and an effective organization. Our products are built in-house from scratch and are a labor of love that has enabled and helped grow our business significantly.
We invite all qualified applicants to submit a resume and cover letter for this position by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (General Manager at LOVELAND Technologies, LLC). Applications without a cover-letter will not be considered.